Education Officer will be part of the project implementation team. He/She will be responsible for coordinating and supporting Education activities in the assigned location (Baringo, Bungoma, Turkana and Wajir) in line with approved programme design. He/She will work closely with programme manager and education manager to ensure all activities and implemented inline with donor and SCI standards. The Education Officer will ensure good working relationship with the target beneficiaries and other stakeholders at community level.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- To oversee the program implementation at community level within the certain area of assignment.
- In collaboration with MEAL focal point, participate in baseline, midline and end-line data collection, school assessments, and other data collection that the project might undertake .
- Collaborate with the community stakeholders including local government to conduct the program activities in line with project design and quality framework .
- Support the MEAL team and the program coordinator to ensure the high quality program delivery through ensuring the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) are articulate in the program implementation
- Take the initiative in documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to shape in-country strategies and programme approaches, and contribute to broader sector learning.
- Provide child protection to OOSC who have been enrolled to school. These services include psychosocial support, rescue and alternative family care for enrolled children in need of care & protection liaising with the county directorate of children services.
- Build capacity of stakeholders to achieve and sustain results of the OOSC education project in the county.
- Represent SCI in relevant stakeholder forums such as meetings with community leaders, keeping line manager informed of discussion points, issues arising and agreements made .
- Proactively engage communities and local stakeholders to support the projects; conduct regular awareness raising of the project/s, activities and intended outcomes.
- Work with Community leaders, school head-teachers and Ministry of Education representatives for effective implementations of project/s in assigned field locations of responsibility.
- Prepare timely activity reports.
- Coordination community mobilization and training activities.
- Liase with Child Poverty TS in livelihoods and implement livelihood components of the project.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (with possibility of extension)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Work Location: Mandera
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Education or equivalent.
- 3 years of professional experience in implementing education programming at the field level with NGOs or other relevant actors. Child protection programming is an added advantage.
- Experience working in remote areas.
- Experience in the design, implementation and reporting.
- Ability to analyse information, evaluate options and to think and plan strategically
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken and English
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Female Candidates are encouraged to apply.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process, nor request for medical examination or records and does not act through recruitment agents whatsoever.
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Closing Date: Apr 11, 2022