Beacon of Hope is a faith based non-profit organization in Ongata Rongai, Kajiado County driven by the mission to bring hope and catalyze transformation by uplifting the spiritual, physical, economic and social wellbeing of vulnerable individuals, families and communities. It works in seven key areas, namely; healthcare services, education, technical training, youth empowerment, social economic empowerment, creation of economic opportunities for women and social enterprise. We are looking for suitable candidates to fill the following positions:
Role Purpose: This role is responsible for handling a variety of maintenance and related administrative requests, performing scheduled repairs, and generally overseeing maintenance of buildings, grounds and infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all Beacon of Hope facilities, buildings and compound are maintained at the highest standards.
- Manage all gardening and landscaping, to ensure that Beacon of Hope’s compound is clean, lawns and flower gardens are well kept.
- Maintain a comprehensive maintenance and repair schedules; write service requests for maintenance repairs and follow up to ensure work is completed to satisfaction.
- Coordinate and schedule preventive maintenance schedules.
- Responsible for the Beacon of Hope’s internally managed construction projects including liaising with external authorities; oversee outsourced construction projects to ensure compliance with procedures
- Keep an updated inventory of the organizations buildings, furniture, equipment and other related assets; carry out a monthly audit of facilities and give recommendations to the management should there be need for major enhancement of the facilities.
- Prepare timely monthly management reports.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Diploma in Estate Management, Property Management or any other relevant qualification.
- At least 3 years of working experience in a related position.
- Excellent communication, organization, and multi-tasking skills.
- Proficient in standard office software applications.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Must be of high personal integrity and ethics.
- Must have accuracy and keen attention to detail.
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- A team player with the ability to establish understanding and rapport with colleagues across the entire organisation.
Application Procedure: All interested candidates should submit their CV and applications including current and expected remuneration, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to HumanResources@beaconafrica.org or firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, 17th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEACON OF HOPE DOES NOT CHARGE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES ANY RECRUITMENT FEES