Role Purpose: This role is responsible for ascertaining the production and preparation of nutritious meals within the agreed food budget while maintaining superior food health and safety guidelines. The successful candidate will have a hands-on approach to kitchen operations, attention to detail and a positive work attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure daily hygiene and cleanliness of the kitchen as the food safety champion.
- Supervise kitchen staff ensuring food preparation procedures are adhered to
- Inspect food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices
- Conduct prescheduled workplace safety inspections, including inspection of all kitchen equipment.
- Make daily requisitions for different sections to ensure availability of all the ingredients required for timely preparation of food
- Regularly review the food menu and assembling foods, supplies and equipment for daily food preparation.
- Prepare biweekly management reports including compliments and complaints with corrective action taken for purposes of continuous improvement.
- Evaluate food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
- Maintain the inventory record of all kitchen supplies.
- Ensure proper hygienic storage methods are utilized to prevent food loss.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Degree in Food and Beverage from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a similar position preferably in a learning institution.
- Valid Vaccination certificate
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite, Internet and using Email.
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills and can work well with colleagues from other departments.
Application Procedure: All interested candidates should submit their CV and applications including current and expected remuneration, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to HumanResources@beaconafrica.org or email@example.com not later than Tuesday, 17th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEACON OF HOPE DOES NOT CHARGE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES ANY RECRUITMENT FEES