We are on the lookout for a brilliant Plant Engineer to join our all-star team at The Coca-Cola Company. The Plant Engineer manages the activities of the engineering department to design new projects and improve production techniques; analyze technology trends and market demand to plan projects; determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness and demand; forecast operating costs of the department and direct preparation of budget requests. The Engineer is also responsible for managing a team with a focus on process, strategy implementation and control. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Plant Engineer’s primary function is to ensure that Coca Cola manufacturing capabilities are fit for purpose, and works are performed in optimum order and efficiency and in compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. The objective of this role is to provide engineering support with regards to: Capital projects including cleanroom, manufacturing facility, HVAC systems, power upgrades; Ensure all affected plant processes and equipment are properly commissioned & operational efficiencies enhanced; and Prepare maintenance plan and strategy for new equipment. The incumbent ensures that plant technical projects are planned and executed on time, within budget and in accordance with CCH technical, safety and quality specifications and local regulations. Collaborate with the local Manufacturing, Quality and Maintenance front line management team to facilitate/execute against their technical and continuous improvement opportunities. As a global icon and keeper of the world’s most valuable brand, our boundless opportunities attract the very best experienced professionals, like you. Now more than ever is the time to become part of the Coca-Cola Group. One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviours that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviours,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life by sending your CV and Cover letter for your desired role at the Coca-Cola Company.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage project scope, budget, and schedule for primary site as well as possible outside warehouse locations.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously including managing the installation of the purchased equipment or facility improvements to complete the capital expenditure.
- Manage a team responsible for planning, parts expedition and continuous improvement including maintenance and other plant functional departments.
- Interact with and manage contractors and equipment manufacturers.
- Coordinate resources to analyze and resolve production, utility, and structural building issues.
- Ensure projects are consistent with local and corporate standards.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to members of a project team.
- Communicate status of work to appropriate parties to keep them informed and involved.
- Prepare technical presentations.
- Update documents to complete the detailed design, product manufacturing and commercial introduction plans.
- Remain current on Plant and Industry technical needs.
- Verify final design with customers and internal stakeholders to gain their buy-in to assure final product meets customer/stakeholder specifications and business objectives.
- Complete project closeout including documentation, transfer of project records and document status of acceptance criteria.
- Respond to emergency situations in the plant.
- Determine, implement, or evaluate effectiveness of corrective actions.
- Develop and execute facility/product plans to ensure they meet current and future business requirements while maintaining a three-year capital project list.
- Manage documentation and records to ensure that they are complete, current, and easily retrievable.
- Maintains a safe work environment and adheres to the safety policies and guidelines.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one year of work experience required, or a minimum of five years of progressive job experience including people, project, or account management with leadership and influencing skills required.
- 3 + years’ experience within a project or plant engineering position within the cosmetics, pharma, medical device, food or other relevant FMCG manufacturing industries.
- Engineering experience in a manufacturing plant, food and/or beverage preferred.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Experience in plant services, Cleanroom HVAC & Utilities (including electrical), BMS & EMS is an advantage.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SAP.
- Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience with MS Project and AutoCAD would be ideal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability communicate with different stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience in managing multi-disciplined project teams across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving mind geared towards fault finding and root-cause analysis.
- Excellent communication, coaching, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- A natural ability to engage, collaborate and build relationships;
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on focus area.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.