Beacon of Hope Academy (BHA) is a faith-based leading academic institution based in Ongata Rongai, Kajiado County. It is a faith-based institution whose mission is to provide wholesome quality education in a caring and conducive environment. We are looking for exceptional individuals to fill the following positions.
The new Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) focuses on enlarging learners’ knowledge, and experience as part of their life-long learning. We seek incredible teachers who will facilitate learning hinged on learner-centered methodologies to Junior Secondary School learners. The ideal candidates must demonstrate their ability to teach and deliver real world enquiry based lessons that align with the new curriculum requirements in the following learning areas.
- Business Studies
- Physical Education and Sports
- Graduate with a Bachelor of Education Degree at a minimum qualification
- Trained in Secondary Teacher Education
- Must have scored a mean grade of C+ and above at KCSE overall mean, and in your 2 teaching subjects.
- At least 3 years relevant teaching experience
- Must be registered with the Teachers’ Service Commission
- Must possess and demonstrate some training on the Competency-Based Curriculum
Skills and Competencies:
In addition to designing learning that is robust, reflective of our values and responsive to the needs of our community, we seek teachers who will demonstrate the following skills and competencies:
- Possesses pedagogical creativity marked by new methods and techniques into educational projects and activities.
- Empower learners to actively learn, create, problem-solve, and develop innovative solutions to the problems faced within their community.
- Inspires creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communication so that students are ready for tomorrow’s world.
- Facilitate learning and use differentiated and personalized approaches for diverse learners.
- Inspires critical thinking, collaboration and communication so that students are ready for tomorrow’s world.
- Relate learning areas to other disciplines and 21st century skills.
- Facilitate a variety of methods to communicate effectively with all pupils; and encourages students to articulate their thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively.
- Promotes a positive learning environment.
- Engages in continuous professional development.
Application Procedure: All interested candidates should submit their CV and applications including current and expected remuneration, and contact details of at least three (3) referees to HumanResources@beaconafrica.org or email@example.com not later than Tuesday, 17th January 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEACON OF HOPE DOES NOT CHARGE PROSPECTIVE CANDIDATES ANY RECRUITMENT FEES